I love tennis! I started playing when I was a little boy, around 6 years of age with my father, and I just kept liking it more and more as I aged. I played on the tennis team in high school and on the tennis team in college. I toyed with turning pro in 1976, but my parents convinced me that I was better off to continue college. Who knows if this was the right choice, but it was the choice that I made.
I went thru a horrible divorce in the early 1980s, I had zero time, was working my self nearly to death to pay my attorney, and I just quite playing and never went back. This is strange to me now, that I just put down such a critical and huge part of myself and only now am going back...but going back I am!
I will let you all know how things progress after a mere 25 year layoff. Even the equipment has changed! What the heck is an oversized racquet and how on earth are they using "nano" technology to make my new fancy racket? It will be fun to find out!
Till next time...Jack
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment