Friday, March 23, 2007

Day 5 of The Way Back

This is my fifth day of fasting. I have decent energy but I am a little sick to my stomach today. Not unusual. My body is taking this opportunity to dump all sorts of toxins out of my body. Additionally, the almost certain yeast overpopulation that was running around in my body causing so much loss of energy...well, they are dying right now. Within just a few more days, virtually all of the yeast, in my bloodstream and my gut, will be dead. That is the good news. The only bad news, and I know it will pass, is the sick feeling that I will have while this process is going on.

Fasting is about cleansing, cleansing at a level that most people never experience. Fatty deposits will be cleaned out of my cardiovascular system...burned as fuel or just dumped. Old injuries will heal. When your body does not have to spend time on digestion, it can focus on lots of other great housekeeping...housekeeping that in a normal American life will never happen. How many people do you know personally that have ever fasted?

Bye for now...and my weight this morning...343 lbs. 17 pounds of bodyweight removed since Monday morning. Wowsers! Jack

No comments: