When I was in college, I was fortunate to take a course in human biology that dealt with fasting. The instructor had studied fasting extensively and fasted herself twice per year for two weeks at a time. She spoke of great health benefits that her studies of human biology had helped her to uncover and quite frankly, to my 18 year old eyes, she looked incredible. She was in far better shape than most of the girls my age that I was sitting next to in class. Wow! Here was some information to store away for future use.
I never really used this information, how to fast and how long, until I was injured on my summer job working on the railroad in Chicago. Some equipment failed and I was thrown from the elevated service areas to the tracks below, probably some 10 feet. I landed badly with my then thin and trim waist hitting the track first. The pain was incredible and within a couple of hours my waist had grown from 33 inches to nearly 40 inches with internal bleeding. I was saved of course, but I ended that summer with a lopsided waist and extensive scar tissue in the right side of my body. Here is where fasting entered the story. More on this story next time.
My weight today, Wednesday, March 21st, 2007...348 lbs.
My weight starting, Monday, March 19th, 2007...360 lbs.
My ultimate goal, Monday, May 5th, 2008...195lbs. again and fit and vital!
bye for now...Jack
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment