Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 9

Dreamed of bacon and eggs last night. Felt great eating them, but then I was bummed out because I had broken my fast before my committed time. I am glad it was only a dream, but it did taste good! I expect bacon and eggs will be on my post fast menu somewhere in the first 2 weeks!

I was feeling kinda lousy yesterday and found myself mentally complaining, to myself and the universe, about how I was feeling. Then I remember my father going thru chemotherapy to attempt to kill the cancer that was killing him. The process failed, my father died, but he did have 18 more months of life than he would have had otherwise. And I know he would not have given up even one day of those 18 months, even though he felt like utter crap most of the time. And complain? Never.

I am taking his lesson to heart. I am going to feel less than my best for just a handful of days and I am giving myself perfect chemotherapy, chemotherapy designed by my body for my body. I am adding untold years and vitality to my life and if I feel lousy for awhile, well what a trivial price to pay for the benefits I will experience.

So, no more complaining. Beautiful day here in Colorado...hope you are enjoying your day.

Weight today: 335 lbs. 25 lbs. of weight removed since I started on the way back Monday, March 19th, 2007.

No comments: