Saturday, March 24, 2007

Day 6 of The Way Back

Still sick to my stomach this morning. Energy level is low and I have lots of skin breakouts. All normal. Not pleasant, but normal. The early days of a fast are much like being a teenager again, at least as far as skin is concerned. I have acne like breakouts on my face and neck and back and then randomly just a little bit. I am not sure of the exact cause here, it could be massive toxin levels in my blood, it could be my body using my skin, the largest organ of cleansing I have, to clear out even more toxins, or something I don't even know about. What I do know, from study and past experience is this, when the skin eruptions end, then my body is mostly cleansed.

Every day that a fast continues, the percentage of bodyfat burned to muscle burned goes up. The first few days of a fast, your body is mostly burning stored glycogen and muscle. As the days continue, the glycogen is gone and stored fat is used as fuel along with muscle. Day by day, less muscle is burned and more fat is burned. This is how the process works.

Worried about the muscle loss? Don't be. It comes back after the fast...it must! If you do even moderate exercise after the fast and eat a great diet, more about that later, the muscle will almost literally jump back onto your body. It is amazing.

Bodyweight this morning...340 lbs. 20 lbs. of bodyweight removed since Monday morning, March 19th, 2007.

No comments: